Marking out a workplace can be an incredibly important task for a significant number of businesses. Manufacturing plants, warehouses, car parks and factories all need obvious markings to help keep workers safe, and UK safety products manufacturer Safetyshop is calling on firms to get their line marking strategy straight.
Ed Barnes, UK Product Manager at Safetyshop said there are a number of things businesses should always remember when preparing to use line marking applicators to mark out sections of their workplace. These include:
• Prepare – Make sure the area you’ll be marking out is free of obstructions. You do not want to have to start moving objects once marking has begun.
• Clean – Painting over a dirty surface will affect the quality of the lines. Always try to make sure the area is clean and dry.
• In order to ensure straight lines, always use a guide such as a length of tape, length of wood or a ladder.
• To ensure a clean and crisp finish, simply place a piece of card at the end of the line.
• When spraying through stencils, use masking tape to prevent paint from marking other areas.
Ed Barnes said: “Following these hints and tips should certainly help businesses to ensure they get smooth and crisp lines. Most importantly the lines will be clearly visible and in situations where line markings are used to distinguish between vehicle lanes and pedestrian walkways, this is vital.
“Line marking is a task that many businesses carry out on a regular basis. By using a quality product they can ensure those lines stay bold and fresh for longer, which in the long term will save time and money.”
Safetyshop’s line marking products are used in a wide variety of industries. Local authorities use them to mark out parking bays, schools use them to mark out playgrounds and sports clubs use marking products to paint lines on football pitches and sports courts.
Ed added: “The potential number of uses for line marking equipment is huge, but it’s always important to remember to buy a quality product that will stand the test of time.”
Via EPR Network
More Industrial press releases